A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
22603 Pacific Coast Highway
We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Co-Director at Sea Save Foundation. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring all communications and marketing efforts are posted according to our calendar. You will also work closely with the Director and help with the overall strategy of the nonprofit and provide guidance on key communications issues and public response strategies.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Director to complete 2019 strategy for targeted posts for 2019 campaigns that are honed and developed for the nuance of each through different social media platforms. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog, Causes, SnapChat) We currently post natively (no Hootsuite) as we think it works better with ever-changing social media algorithms.
- Oversee the volunteers posting on each platform with an eye for optimizing posts for that particular platform.
- Build strategies to increase the amount of "Likes" on our page(s)and increase overall presence and visibility online
- Create pre-planned content for multiple social media platforms and work in real time uploading content for active events. Work with different Sea Save team members to ensure posts are correct and timely.
- Work closely with team to coordinate efforts and research and implement best strategies/practices towards communicating information and incorporate fundraising
- Oversee the production of one newsletter each month
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Superior writing capabilities
- Keen eye for grammar and punctuation mark errors
- Experience in marketing
- Must have deep knowledge of various social media platforms
- Efficient in analytics of social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb time management ability
- Efficient in executing tasks
- Team oriented
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please include your background profile in the introduction e-mail. Also please include a telephone number where our director can reach you to discuss.