10-28 Carrera 8
Colombia has 1889 species of birds! 20% of the world’s birds! Plus 197 migratory birds from North America call Colombia their winter home! Learn more about tropical ecology, bird biology and conservation! Gain hands-on experience and practical research skills! Participate in campaigns on a variety of environmental issues; to assist in the provision of a comprehensive Environmental Health Service which will focus on the local environment through a combination of advice and education.
· Participate in the long-term monitoring of the bird communities in the nature reserve and its surroundings.
· Gain theoretical and practical knowledge in tropical bird biology
· Participate in all daily work related with the conservation of the nature reserve
· Discover what practical conservation work looks like
· Clean and care for the bird feeding stations
· Formulate ideas that lead to the conservation of local & migratory species
· Document the phenomena related to birds, fish, reptiles and other species
· Educate the public and local volunteers on issues related to the species at bird sanctuary
· Maintain record of observations on the park
· Accompany team to local conservation workshops
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
To start, please fill out the following application form