Do a Barrel Roll is Looking for a Social Media Manager!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Do a Barrel Roll
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a knack for social media?
Are you a guru at building an online following?
Got content chops?
The Do a Barrel Roll is looking for you!
Who we are:
We're Do a Barrel Roll (http://www.doabarrelroll.ca), a new registered Canadian non-profit dedicated to driving positive social change through gaming of all types. We run on a rotating thematic cycle, focusing our programming and projects on a particular subject every few years. Until 2021, Do a Barrel Roll is targeting its efforts on Community and Belonging.
What you would be doing:
We're looking for a driven volunteer to help run our social media accounts, @doabarrelrollca on Twitter and Do a Barrel Roll on Facebook.
You would be responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute social media strategies for project, programs, or events - in addition to any news that is of importance to our audience;
- Helping us build a following on both platforms by posting content, retweeting, liking etc...;
- Posting on social media when we have new content on our website;
- Engage in some content creation as required;
- Develop and maintain a common 'voice' across all platforms;
- Suggest strategies and uses for other social media platforms; and,
- Keep up to date with latest information and trends on social media use by non-profits.
Please note that this is a volunteer, remote position. You work your own time from home. We ask an hour a week, split as you see fit, but this is flexible. There is no remuneration for this position.
Who we're looking for:
You should be a strong social media user, with a good track record for posting engaging content and building a following.
You should be very comfortable using existing social media platforms.
You should know how to use a social media management system like Hootsuite, or be able to develop a content strategy/calendar on your own.
You should be organized and a self-starter, ready to take initiative even when not given direction.
You should have great oral and written communication and time management skills. You should be detail oriented.
You should be creative, ready to think outside the box to build Do a Barrel Roll's profile online.
You should be excited to start an online brand and voice from scratch, giving it your own personality.
Experience working or volunteering with a not-for-profit organization will be considered an asset, although not required.
Multimedia content creation skills would be an asset, but is not required.
If you think you've got what it takes to be our Social Media Manager, send a CV to our Executive Director at email@example.com!
- International Volunteers