Childcare Assistant in Local Community
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Musha Care Foundation Zimbabwe
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
11 Metheun Rd Murambi
Work with the the less privileged families in local communities of Sakubva and Chikanga.
About the Program
You will be in contact with 46 children from the less privileged homes in Sakubva and Chikanga communities in Mutare. Other days you will visit the less privileged children and share their life experiences with their guardians.
As a participant on this project you will be working with children that may have been abandoned and abused. It will be your role as a volunteer to support the staff by engaging the children in many different activities. Volunteers are encouraged to gear their activities towards helping the children with homework and any other fun and useful activities.
Specifically volunteers will do the following activities:
- Raising awareness of social issues with local communities
- Assess the conditions and needs of the children and people you will be working with
- Provide counseling session therapy methods with local staff to improve current practices
- Provide career development session with youth girls and boys
- Assist in cooking and doing laundry for the less privileged children
- Providing abused children with the care and attention they need
- Assist with general tasks such feeding programs within the families
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Volunteers interested should request for foreign application forms at firstname.lastname@example.org