International Volunteers (Web-Based in Europe and North America)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by PROJECT-E
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
About the Organization
PROJECT-E is a non-profit organization originally established in Germany and registered as an international NGO in Ethiopia. Our mission is to provide vocational training as a tool to fight poverty, benefitting young Ethiopian women who are in financial, social or psychological need and do not have access to education. We believe that education is one of the most important foundations to escape poverty. Therefore, PROJECT-E empowers young Ethiopian women to develop their full potential by providing free high-quality training through full sponsorships, leading to a new generation of self-confident and independent women.
The European team consists of about fifteen students and young professionals living and working all over Europe. Together, they are managing the European organisation, as well as coordinating and discussing the development of the project in weekly calls. Most importantly, they all work voluntarily.
Team Europe supports the PROJECT-E Hospitality Institute in Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia, forty young women from destitute social backgrounds get the yearly chance to pursue a two-year program in hotel operations. Furthermore, they receive social and financial support. Ten local staff members and several international and local volunteers run the project and its daily operations under the supervision of a project manager and a country representative.
PROJECT-E is looking for highly motivated students, recent graduates or young professionals who are interested in the fields of NGOs, women empowerment and education, to support PROJECT-E Team Europe in a web-based basis.
- As a member of Team Europe and depending on your interests and qualifications, you will join one of the departments: Public Relations and Communication, Fundraising, Finance or Talent Management.
- Tasks will vary depending on the department and the project’s needs. Feel free to contact us for more information.
- High motivation and the ability to work independently
- Workload: approximately 5 hours per week
- Good knowledge of MS. Office applications
- Advanced knowledge of the English language
- A high level of responsibility and independence
- The possibility of making a substantial difference in the life of 40 women per year and the opportunity to give our project your personal touch
- An inspiring work atmosphere in a young and motivated team
- Practical experience in an international non-governmental organisation
- The option of going to Addis Ababa and working for the project on the ground
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please apply through our form in the link: http//:apply.project-e.eu and upload your CV and cover letter in a PDF format. In your cover letter, please indicate your motivation to volunteer with PROJECT-E and your available start date. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.