Spanish Youth Program Leadership - Uruguay: July - October 2018
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by America Solidaria U.S. | Serving the Americas Foundation
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1725 I Street NW, Suite 300
Are you interested in living in Uruguay for 3 months? Are you a proactive Spanish-speaker? Do you like to work with young people?
America Solidaria is seeking a highly motivated, independent, fluent Spanish speaker to volunteer as Youth Program Assistant for our Concausa program in Uruguay.
Concausa is an international initiative that trains youth social change leaders (15-17 years old) and their tutors and educators, from countries throughout the Americas by implementing a series of participatory workshops, camps and activities focused on building knowledge of and commitment to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and skills for developing social projects to address them.
ABOUT AMERICA SOLIDARIA
América Solidaria is an international nonprofit organization founded Chile with offices in Colombia, Haiti, Peru, Argentina, Uruguay, the US, and Mexico. Our mission is to end child poverty and to create a more equitable hemisphere by building networks of cooperation throughout the Americas. We have been working shoulder-to-shoulder with the underprivileged communities for 16 years and we will continue until the poverty and inequality no longer exist.
We engage directly with the poorest and most underprivileged communities on social projects aimed at improving education, health and family economic stability of children, youth and their families. Since 2002, over 750 professionals from different countries within the Americas have shaped and led 225 grassroots projects in collaboration with 96 local host organizations in 13 countries.
ABOUT THE SERVICE PROGRAM
This is a 3-month professional volunteering opportunity that covers the volunteer's travel and basic living costs. The aim of the program is to aid in the establishment of America Solidaria's Concausa program in Uruguay.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience working with high-school age groups
- Some background or training in education preferred
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of community projects
- Demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills
- Enthusiasm for international service work and community initiatives
- Ability to design graphics preferred
- Conducting educational workshops for Uruguayan youth
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of the Concausa 2018 projects
- Evaluating youth programming and recommending adjustments
- Analyzing the impact of educational activities
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers