Want to make an IMPACT...Volunteer in one of our West Philadelphia elementary Public school libraries!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by West Philadelphia Alliance for Children--WePAC
A few hours per week
5070 Parkside Ave
West Philadelphia Alliance for Children(WePAC) is seeking new volunteers to be apart of our Libray teams in our school libraries for 2018-2019!
Volunteering for a WePAC library means being a part of a team of caring people passionate about sharing the love of reading with the children of West Philadelphia. Together, each library team plans read aloud sessions that support classroom learning. Volunteers read aloud to our students during storytime and help them select books to borrow during check out.
Library teams see classes on a regular basis, coordinated with each school’s schedule. We hold our library programs in the school libraries that we maintain. We are responsible for the appearance and organization of our libraries. Together, we decorate the library, catalogue donated books, check books in and out and reshelve books. We draw on the diverse skills of our team to nurture literacy in our children.
Who can volunteer:
- Anyone who desires to make a difference in a child's life and education by engaging them with books and reading
- West Philadelphia residents who want to foster a love for reading in your communtiy
- Local college students who need to gain experience working with children and/or potential mentors in fellow volunteers.
What the children can gain from you:
- The comfort of being read to.
- Confidence in their reading and academic ability
- The knowledge that their community cares about them and a LOVE of READING!
- International Volunteers