Communications Support Specialist (Volunteer)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Refugee Resource Center of Iowa
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The position supports outreach and media development efforts of the Center. Volunteer may work remotely, with possible attendance of some events.
- Assist in the development of content and layout for organizational website
- Development and maintenance of social media content and presence.
- Assist in the writing, development and distribution of regular newsletters and annual report.
- Take and catalog photos and videos; edit for use in publications, website and social media.
- Write and assist in the distribution of press releases.
- Maintain consistent messages and appearance to complement other communications materials.
Time Commitment: Flexible hours of around 10-12 hours a month.
Qualifications: Education and/or experience in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Fluent in social media and website design/management. Proficient with photo and video editing software. Graphic design and layout competency a plus. Passion for helping people.
Requirements: Work portfolio or samples must be provided for consideration.
Education: Degree in marketing/communications/journalism an asset
Language: English, knowledge of other languages an asset
Note: All volunteers are subject to a background check.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please submit resume, brief cover letter and portfolio/work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.