A few hours per month
Pomona Red Cross Blood Center
100 Red Cross Circle
Did you know you could help save lives by simply delivering blood and blood products from our blood distribution centers to local hospitals? Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to the community!
The American Red Cross needs volunteers to transport blood and blood products in a safe and timely manner. We ask for a valid state driver’s license, 3-years of driving history, a clear motor vehicle report, and the ability to lift up-to 50-lbs.
Share with your friends & family!
* Transport blood or blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing.
* Pick up and return boxes as needed.
* Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures.
* Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers.
* Drive in a safe and responsible manner.
* Willingness to support Red Cross mission
* Valid CA state driver’s license - 3 years driving experience
* Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
* Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
* Current car registration and insurance required if using own vehicle
* Experience to demonstrate reliability
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (for hospital deliveries)
* Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course (within 6 months of placement)
- Training Provided