Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Please note that this is an unpaid volunteering opportunity.
Zidisha is the first direct person-to-person microlending platform, connecting lenders worldwide and borrowers in developing countries.
We have an opening for a highly personable, responsible and detail-oriented volunteer to help manage our international operations and develop our team of volunteers. This position is an opportunity to gain extensive leadership experience and to take part in the day-to-day operations of a rapidly growing nonprofit startup.
This is a part-time or full-time "virtual volunteering" position that may be undertaken from any location in the world. We'd like you to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week to the position, on a flexible schedule which includes availability of at least one hour per day on weekdays.
Successful candidates will have a strong track record of paid or unpaid work for mission-driven organizations, a passion for advancing opportunities for entrepreneurs in the world's most marginalized communities, and a high degree of responsibility and organization.
1. Provide orientations to new volunteers, and coordinate their assignments to volunteer teams.
- Field email applications from prospective volunteers, respond to questions, and help those who join get started.
- Work with team leads to assign new volunteers where they are most needed.
2. Ensure volunteers have the information they need to complete their responsibilities successfully.
- Provide Skype and screenshare orientations to new volunteers.
- Monitor our volunteer Slack channel, and respond to questions posted there within one business day.
3. Ensure that each team of volunteers completes its duties successfully.
- Monitor completion of team duties (responding to borrower emails, disbursing loans, entering repayments, reviewing new borrower applications) each business day.
- Work with team leads to resolve any difficulties, and check in to ensure their teams have enough help and enough to do.
4. Lend a hand with various operations tasks as needed. These may include:
- Helping our volunteer accountants with monthly accounting reconciliations.
- Responding to borrower and lender emails.
- Taking part in the conversations in our user forum.
- Helping with loan disbursements and repayment entry.
- Passion for our mission of advancing economic opportunities for marginalized communities.
- Comfort with taking leadership and responsibility for results.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- A high degree of dependability and strong time management skills.
- A warm, outgoing and helpful personality.
- Empathy, discretion and mature judgment.
- Skill in working with teams and in maintaining good communication at multiple levels.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send a resume and note explaining why this position is a good fit for you to email@example.com.