Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
About Us: Oasis For Girls partners with high school aged young women of color from under-resourced communities to help them cultivate the skills, knowledge, and confidence to discover their dreams and build strong futures. Our signature Springboard Series of programming empowers girls through comprehensive youth development via life skills and social justice, arts exploration, and college and career readiness. Oasis For Girls is looking for experienced and motivated women to be part of our Advisory Board, which provides critical leadership and oversight of the organization in governance, fundraising, and finance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Share our passion for young women’s issues and social justice work. Be passionate about the organization's mission, vision, values, services, policies, and programs.
- Have a significant network in San Francisco that can contribute both monetary and nonmonetary to the work of the advisory board and the organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development of fundraising plans and the ability to monitor the organization’s progress toward achieving established goals.
- Mid-career professional (12+ years of experience preferred)
- Non-profit board service experience (2+ years preferred)
We are seeking candidates who are representative of the girls we serve and who have experience (minimum of 3 years) and skill sets in the following areas:
- Fundraising and Resource Development: experience with the cultivation and stewardship of new donors and corporations, the development and execution of individual fundraising plans, the creation and execution of growth strategies for a sustained base of individual donors, support of special fundraising events, and execution of strategy for individual and corporate fundraising.
- Community Relations/Event Support: craft creative approaches to deepening Oasis’ presence and network within the local community through networking, events, etc., and support organizational events and fundraising drives’ success.
- Legal: experience with contracts, lawsuits, liability and liability insurance, as well as issues concerning employment, immigration, health care and government regulations relating to non-profits.
- Two-year board membership
- Be willing to make or raise an annual financial contribution of $3,000-$5,000
- Attend board meetings from 5:45-7:45 the second Monday of each month.
- Dedicate 10-20 hours a month to serve on committees or task forces, and take on special assignments as needed.
- Actively participate in and attend all board and committee meetings and special events.
- Be aligned with and well informed, knowledgeable, and passionate about the organization's mission, vision, values, services, policies, and programs.
Interested in joining us the Advisory Board? Please email Sadaf at email@example.com with any questions, or fill out a Volunteer Interest Form at www.sfoasis.org/volunteer