Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Climate Mobilization is launching an exciting new campaign focused on empowering city-centric chapters to move local governments into emergency mobilization to combat the climate crisis and rapidly reach net zero emissions! And we’re currently building up our ability to support those teams. If you’re ready to join the group that’s restoring a safe climate for all at emergency speed, pick a team that fits your interests and skills, and apply now!
The Legal/Compliance Team’s mission is to drive compliance with all applicable laws and manage organizational risk.
- Research and advise on various nonprofit legal issues
- Track compliance with state and federal law
- Draft various legal documents, including interorganizational grants and employment contracts
- Develop and continually improve upon systems to effectuate these responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Bar membership
- Knowledge of nonprofit governance and compliance helpful
- Commitment to TCM’s message of truth, urgency and inclusiveness
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
How To Apply
Please fill out the application linked here. Thanks!