Certified Public Accountant
We are looking to hire a CPA to lead The Continents State University financial perspective. CPA will work alongside other C-Suite team members and take ownership of the school's fiscal and regulatory matters. To do well in this role you should have experience as a CPA or experienced CPA in a company with advanced financials and an extensive balance sheet.
- Assist with high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Help with recruiting new staff members when necessary.
- Oversee the university’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the university.
- Supervise financial reporting and budgeting team.
- Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
- Work well with CFO, CEO, and COO and CLO to develop the strategic plan.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. Master's degree, or MBA “Preferred”.
- Experience in a senior management position with nonprofits.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.