Volunteering with groups of women: Empowerment, exclusion/inclusion social and cultura, gender, organization, education,health in the Peruvian Andes.
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Sharing dreams Project
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Cusco and Huancayo
Sharing dreams Project is developing and increasing its volunteering projects, working with "warmy" women groups here in the Andes. For the last foup years, we have worked with national and international volunteers, developing activities and projects targeting the organisation and empowerment of groups of Andean migrant women. We focus on aspects such as gender equality, machismo and socio-cultural exclusion, domestic violence, violence towards women, sexuality, health, nutrition etc.
We are a registered legal entity.Since the year 2009. We develop projects on site, standing shoulder to shoulder with communities. We operate on the basis of a flat structure and teamwork (professionals, volunteers and communities).
If you are looking to contribute to a social volunteering project, with no intermediaries, that is developed by volunteers themselves, where you work in teams, offering you socio-cultural immersion atlittle to no cost(excursions, choices of language or cooking courses, access to knowledge on culture and folklore), in a rewarding and fun format, write to us.
Our organization needs an economic contribution, this helps us to keep our work and projects alive, we work with our own projects and resources and invest the money directly obtained in the purchase of materials, rentals, construction, pay for various services, tickets and Visit to towns and families etc. We do not work with third-party infrastructure, it's a real investment. That is why we can not offer "everything for free", which would be fictitious . A serious and real organization has many expenses, and we are happy to really invest this contribution.
- ** The organization offers as retribution:
- Free Accommodation in a spacious and comfortable room
- spacious, comfortable and equipped house, unlimited wifi
- Basic work materials
- continuous advice by a team with real motivation and experience in the social field
- exchange courses without / very low cost in: meals, pastry, cocktails and others.
- Excursions group to interesting places at the weekends.
- information of interesting places and trips in Peru
- learn and improve your level of Spanish in a practical and direct way
- posibility to be an integral part of our organization (including legally speaking)
- information about Andean-Inca history, culture and folklore, theoretical and completely experiential.
- (optional) know and experience the cosmovision, yoga and Andean cosmovision..
**During weekends, we organise group excursions to many places of interest, such as mountains, pre-Inca ruins, villages, camps, rainforests and waterfalls.
Get in touch with us. We will be delighted to provide you with details of all aspects of volunteering.
For more information, please visit our website:
- It is not necessary to have specialization or previous experience, here we train you to millimeter, we always work in a very human team
- people with an open, positive and adaptable mentality
- person with ability to integrate into a multi cultural team and keep the group together (this is very important)
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must be a pro-active person, understanding and considerate towards the organisation and people who work on/develop the project.
- People who simply wish to help towards this social cause are also invited to participat
Our organization is directed by people with real motivation, training and experience in humanitarian and social areas, our work has more than 9 years of intense social work, this gives us the necessary experience and offers a genuine work, where you can develop your skills, experience professional and achieve a rewarding form of personal growth, their skills are integrated as part of a team, we are not improvised in this matter, we do not offer artificial scenes full of "great poverty mixed with paradisiacal beaches, surf and Bachata" (Peru is a essentially Andean and Amazonic country), ours is direct social work in areas where there is a great need for help for people in extreme poverty (focused mainly in the Andes of Peru) and where the true culture of Peru still survives, the Andean culture , cradle of the Inca civilization.
We also combine this with an intense and fun cultural exchange experience, excursions to many interesting places in the mountain / Andean jungle and practical courses: from native languages or culture to food, dances and native cocktails.
If you are one of the people who want to do a real and rewarding job in places and towns where you can still see the living culture of Andean Peru Inca, this is your place.
THIS PROGRAMME OFFERS NON-PAID EXPERIENCE OR INTERNSHIPS and has agreements with universities.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers