Seeking Young Professionals to Join Associate Board of Public Art Nonprofit in Chicago
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Green Star Movement
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1200 W. 35th St
Green Star Movement is a Chicago-based nonprofit that inspires students and community members through the creation of public art. Since our founding in 2005, we have helped more than 7000 students transform over 70 public spaces, including schools, parks, and community centers.
The Green Star Movement Associate Board is a collection of young professionals who serve as ambassadors of Green Star Movement and help raise funds and awareness for our mission.
Associate Board members promote the organization through their social and professional networks, support the organization's fundraising goals by securing donations and financial support; publicize our mission by planning and attending events; and help recruit new volunteers.
THE GREEN STAR MOVEMENT ASSOCIATE BOARD IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO:
- Meet new people who share similar passions for civic engagement and public art programming
- Utilize their professional skills and take on leadership roles that support our mission
- Learn more about how nonprofits function
- The Associate Board meets on second Wednesdays of the month in January, March, May, July, September, and November. Members must attend at least 4 of 6 meetings over the course of their term.
- Give/Get at least $500 for Green Star Movement through a combination of personal or solicited monetary donations; event ticket purchases; in-kind donations of food, drink, materials; and/or sponsorships. (At least $125 must be a direct give)
- Serve on a committee. (We have Executive, Event, and Outreach Committees)
Our next cohort will be joining the Associate Board in July 2018. To apply, all applications must be submitted by June 1. Apply here: http://greenstarmovement.org/associate-board
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org