A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Notice: This is trial program and this opportunity is for a 4 month period. Qualified participant may be eligible to move to our new home following completion of the trial period. Experience with vulnerable populations preferred but not required.
CoHome, Inc. is a is a 501(c)3 New Jersey not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving fair access to housing and other critical resources for persons with special needs. CoHome develops holistic housing that promotes dignity and inclusion. We believe a home can be empowering and that all people deserve equal opportunity to participate in their communities.
The Role Model program offers enthusiastic and caring individuals subsidized housing in exchange for enhancing residential social dynamics. RMs also help communicate our mission and ensure policy compliance. In general, RM’s 1) foster a sense of community in the home, 2) develop friendships with residents, 3) participate in weekly activities and house meetings, 4) report issues and incidents to Program Director.
2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment just blocks from vibrant downtown Morristown. The apartment is in an upscale residential apartment complex located at 44 Hill Street, Morristown, New Jersey. Situated on approximately one and one-half acres of impeccably landscaped grounds with on-site parking, the apartment is ideally located on a residential street one block from the NJ Transit train station (direct service to Manhattan), shopping and restaurants, as well as the town square (i.e. "The Green"). All common areas (lobby, foyer & hallways) have recently been renovated by a professional interior decorator. The property is monitored by state-of-the-art closed circuit security cameras to provide our residents the comfort of 24/7 surveillance. All utilities are included.
Average of 4 hours per week. Participation in both weekly house meetings and a minimum of commitment of the week’s primary activity program. Self-directed initiatives to engage with residents as house/roommates are expected. RMs are expected to report home maintenance issues and behavioral and staffing incidents.
- Be actively engaged and dedicated to the program mission and values
- Assist residents in their adjustment to roommate and supported-independent living.
- Design and implement experiences for residents that enhance the social, community, and personal development of residents and connects them each other and the greater Morristown community.
- Actively encourage and promote involvement in programs and activities.
- Design and construct door decorations and home decorations that coordinate with the home’s seasonal theme.
- Relate well to individuals of all ethnic, racial, cultural, and religious backgrounds, encouraging better understanding of cultural diversity and individual differences in the home and community.
- Regularly assess the physical condition of the property and filing the appropriate form with the immediate supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Contact the immediate supervisor on behalf of the residents regarding issues of concern to the residents.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Rental Amount & Subsidy
CoHome provides RMs a rent and utility subsidy. Subsidized rate for the master bedroom with full private bathroom is $875.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers