Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Wilton, Norwalk, Westport DTC Offices
Are you like one of the many individuals around the country who feels like our nation is at a tipping point? Have you vowed to do all you can to usher in a Blue Wave in the midterms? Stephanie Thomas felt the same way when she decided to petition her way onto the ballot as a Democratic candidate for State Representative. She had four days to collect over 200 in-district signatures to run against the Republican incumbent who had run unopposed in 2016 and was doing so once again. Stephanie decided to be the change that she wants to see in the world and embarked upon this exciting journey.
Stephanie is a first time candidate who entered the race late. Therefore, there are several opportunities for you to work with Stephanie Thomas for CT to gain real experience at the grassroots level. This opportunity is ideal for talented, ambitious, individuals with a passion for politics and democracy.
About the Position
The volunteer will work directly with Stephanie Thomas and senior campaign volunteers to help Get Out The Vote and advance campaign goals from canvassing and phone banking to media strategy, volunteer management and research. Learn more about Stephanie's background and position on key issues facing Connecticut and our nation at votestephaniethomas.com.
- Help in execution of the campaign plan
- Assist in researching, coordinating and planning candidate appearances, voter registration and other community events
- Accompany candidate to key events to handle logistics and liaise with attendees
- Maintain office hours on pre-determined days/times to greet and train volunteers in canvassing and phone banking
- Handle volunteer management in cooperation with other lead volunteers
- Assist with social media postings
- Assist with research around key policy issues
- Project management skills, including attention to detail and meticulous follow-through
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Works well in a team environment
- Assist with scheduling the candidate's time
- Assist with data entry and opportunity to learn Votebuilder database system
- Must be able to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week to campaign activities, including on-site work in Norwalk, Wilton and/or Westport (prime campaign hours are usually early evening and weekends)
- Miscellaneous assignments as needs arise
- The ideal candidate will have their own transportation to travel between campaign offices
Ideal opportunity for talented high schooler, college student interested in politics or retiree.
Several positions available.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Email email@example.com with:
- a statement about your qualifications to meet the responsibilities listed above
- why you would like to work on this campaign
- approximate number of hours you are available per week
- a resume if you have one
- the town where you reside; preference will be given to candidates located within the 143rd District
No calls please.