Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
P. O. Box CE 12248, Tema
Ghanaians are extremely passionate about all types of sports and their love for games is evident everywhere. You can see people wearing the Ghana Team jerseys and the cars on the road sport team stickers and flags.
VACI-Ghana places volunteers in this program in local schools and local sports clubs in Denu in the Volta Region of Ghana.
Volunteer’s role is to assist the local coaches or take on the role of coaching in the daily practice schedule with youth and local teams. Volunteers can also help the students in local schools to improve their games and organize Football, Volley Ball, Net Ball, Basketball, Tennis matches. Volunteers are also encouraged to bring their own athletic specialties to Ghana, and provide instruction and coaching in these disciplines (for example: martial arts, gymnastics, track and field, field hockey, etc.)
During your time as a volunteer, you can help in the development of the athletic skills, health, and well-being of young players. Volunteers working in the Sports Coaching Volunteer project are also welcome to work in the Community Development or Orphanage Program wherein you can combine two programs.
Volunteer projects are located in and around Denu, Aflao, Dzodze, in Ghana.
During your Free Time
On the weekends, volunteers can go and visit the different places of interest in and around the city. During the weekends, you can visit tourist attractions like Wli Waterfalls, Tafi Monkey Sanctuary, Kakum Canopy Walk, Togo.
Volunteers also take a trip to Cape Coast to relax in the beautiful beaches and see the famous Cape Coast castle.
VACI-Ghana strives hard to keep costs low and offers one of the most affordable volunteer abroad programs. Compare our prices and services to other organizations and you would be surprised to see the difference.
Application fee $ 100
Program fee 2 weeks $ 300
Program fee 3 weeks $ 450
Program fee 4 weeks $ 600
Orientation fee $ 150
What are you Paying For?
24 hrs Assistance and support from Staff Comprehensive Pre-Departure Information Airport Pickup from Accra First night hotel stay in Accra, if required Transportation from Accra to Project city by Bus Orientation Food - 2 meals a day Accommodation Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
What's NOT Included?
Airfare Vaccinations Local Transportation Visa Return Airport Drop(Can be arranged at an extra cost)
What we provide
- Airport Receive/ Transfer: You will be met by our representative at Kotoka International Airport in Accra from where you are transferred to your project location. Volunteers will stay overnight in Accra at hotel accommodation provided by Volunteering Solutions and travel to the respective locations the next day.
- Orientation: A half-day orientation will be provided by your local coordinator. Areas like culture, safety, locations, transportation are covered in the Orientation. After your orientation is over, you will be introduced to your project.
- Lodging: Volunteers will be staying with a standard Ghanaian Host family. Accommodation is either provided in an individual or shared room with other volunteers. By staying with a family you will experience the local Ghanaian culture, language, customs and traditions.
- Food: Volunteers are provided with 2 meals (breakfast and dinner) at the host family house. Ghanaian cuisine consists primarily of starches, soups, beans, and meat and fish. The Starches consist mainly of rice and doughy balls made from mashed cassava, plantain or yams.
- Pre-departure information: After we receive full and final payment all participants are provided a pre-departure information booklet by e-mail which will have all vital information about your program. The Pre-Departure Information Booklet provides the complete details of the country, project locations, Things to Pack list, Accommodations, Contact Information etc.
- In-country support: 24 hours support provided by our local staff. You will be provided with the contact details of the local coordinator and staff who will be contactable 24 hrs a day once you are in the country.
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Volunteers must be 17 years or older at the beginning of the program. You need not have prior coaching experience but an interest in the game and playing experience is a must.
Volunteers are strongly encouraged to bring materials with them that can assist in the implementation of this project (sports equipment, sports guides, videos, etc).
To Apply: You can apply through our website at www.vacighana.org or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.