A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Reports to: Executive Director
Time: 5-10 hours per week
Location: Remote, flexible within the U.S.
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for creating new programs and initiatives to provide value to ESW’s 1,750+ members and executing said programs on a weekly basis. This is a new position ESW and there is ample room to shape ESW’s membership experience. You would be working directly with the Professional Member Relations Director and Executive Director to create these initiatives.
About Engineers for a Sustainable World
Engineers for a Sustainable World is a nonprofit network made up of people passionate about technical sustainability. We consist of 1,500 student and professional members across 50 chapters at colleges and universities. We work to empower engineers to tackle the biggest sustainability challenges of the 21st century. ESW members have created everything from solar charging stations on college campuses to devices that collect waste in rivers to community-designed structures that promote earthquake resilience.
The Membership Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Overseeing our ESW’s Global Slack, which is an online community of our members
- Creating and managing a jobs board
- Perfecting and executing the onboarding process for new members
- Helping to recruit additional volunteers to help with these efforts and manage the remote team
- Creating additional initiatives to provide value to our members
- Passion for sustainability and technical problem solving
- Leadership experience
- An eagerness to learn
- Your friends would describe you as a “people person”; you have high emotional intelligence
- Experience using digital tools such as Google Suite, Slack, and video conference (we use Zoom).