Help Fight Poverty with United Way's Free Tax Campaign
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by United Way of King County (WA State)
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Multiple locations in Seattle
Looking to make a difference in your community? Last year our volunteers brought back $30.5 million to low- and moderate income households in King County, and connected thousands to public benefits. United Way's Free Tax Campaign is the largest Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program in the state, and one of the largest in the country.
Volunteer Intake & Benefits Specialists receive a free one-day training. No prior experience is needed and they connect residents to public benefits such as food and utility assistance.
Volunteer Tax Preparers receive a free two-day training and become Advanced IRS tax certified to help file clients' taxes.
- Making an Impact – Each volunteer, on average, brings back $30,000 to the community. Through your service, you will make a tangible difference in your community and empower many struggling individuals and families.
- Resume Building – Receive free training and then practice these skills.
- References – United Way gladly provides references for volunteers based on performance.
- Networking – You’ll volunteer alongside a diverse group of community members and professionals. We’re recruiting 1,300 amazing people this year.
What it Takes
- Absolutely no experience needed – We mean it! We will train and support you throughout your time with us.
- You'll pick one weekly three- or four-hour shift that fits your schedule and preferred location. We have 30 sites, with shifts during the day, nights, or weekends.
Join our talented team of volunteers, receive training that boosts your skills, and help us reach our goal of helping 23,000 people in our community become more financially stable!
How To Apply
Learn more and sign up at www.uwkc.org/taxvolunteer.