A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1617 John F Kennedy Blvd, Suite 800
WOAR, the only rape crisis center in Philadelphia has wonderful volunteer opportunities available to individuals interested in supporting the only rape crisis center in Philadelphia.
To assist with the coordination of Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) events (April 2019), including but not limited to: Bridge of Courage Reception and Silent AuctionHands Across City Hall, educational programming, etc.
- Sit on host committees and help to plan and prepare for agency supported SAAM events, especially the annual fundraising reception
- Attend meetings as needed (meetings are held during office hours Monday to Friday).
- Actively participate on a sub-committee.
- Solicit auction items and corporate sponsorship
- Support in-house clerical activities related to SAAM events.
- Plan and execute logistics of the events.
- Assist with event marketing and promotions.
- Help identify prospects and relationships.
- Attend event as a paying guest.
- Work as an event volunteer the day of and contribute to the event's success
- Enthusiasm for planning a non-profit event
- Event planning and execution experience, Gala-type events in particular
- Experience working with non-profits
- Experience fundraising or soliciting auction items and prizes
Length of Appointment and Time Commitment
- Approximately 2-4 hours per week, however time commitment may vary throughout the planning term.
Must be able to attend weekday meetings during office hours – approximately one per month, approximately 2 hours in length. The frequency of meetings will increase as the date of the gala approaches.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
email brief statement of intent, summary of experience and resume to:
Please put Event Planner Volunteer in subject heading