Math Classroom Coaching with Austin Partners In Education
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Austin Partners in Education
Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Schools throughout AISD
3100 East 4th Street
Want to help students with math? Enjoy working with middle school students? Then the Math Classroom Coaching (MCC) program is for you! Help us help students increase their understanding of math AND their confidence in their own ability to solve math problems.
Here are some highlights of MCC:
- Volunteers work with a small group of 3-4 students once a week for 45 minutes.
- Volunteers pre-select which school and what time works best for their schedule.
- Lessons are pre-selected and provided to volunteers in advance with answers!
- APIE staff are on-site with the volunteers. Teachers remain in the classroom, and all students participate.
- Coaches complete a background check and a 1.5 hour training before working with the students.
- Volunteer sharing is also available (this is when 2 volunteers sign-up together and volunteer on alternate weeks).
- The Program runs now through the first week of May.
Sound interesting? Sign up! We’d love to bring you into the classroom.
Please contact Andrea Panter at email@example.com with any questions.
We hope to have you volunteer with us this year!
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers