Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
146 smith street, 1
Certified Public Accountant
About A free Bird Organization
As a 100% volunteer-based 501(c)(3) non-profit arts education organization, A Free Bird strives to empower pediatric cancer patients by inspiring and nourishing their artistic passions. A Free Bird has been supported by brands like Google, Amazon, Rite Aid, Chipotle, Macy’s, Barnes and Noble amongst many others, and was recognized by the Department of Education and Department of Cultural Affairs, and honored by Mayor Bill De Blasio at the NYC Mayoral Recognition Award for 2 consecutive years in a row for NYC Volunteer Service. Check out our website and volume 4 of our 2017 magazine to learn more about what A Free Bird does.
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine and maintain record of profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial activities within an organization
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements and financial reports to assess procedural standards, completeness and accuracy
- Develop, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, financial commitments
- Maintain and analyze budgets
- Assist with preparing financial reports and budgets
- Design and prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnelle and direct their work activities.
- Advise management about issues such as budget forecast
- Report to management regarding the financial statements
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least 2 years of experience working for nonprofits
- Knowledgeable of administrative and clerical procedure and systems such as managing files and records, designing forms
- Knowledge of regulations: federal, state, and city
- Experience with auditing
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to multitask and manage one's own time and the time of others
- Team player