Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2601 North Howard Street, Suite 310
Playworks believes in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. Our specialty is recess, which sadly in too many schools is the most chaotic, unsafe and disruptive part of the school day. As a member of the Playworks Power Players you will support the work of Playworks and provide mission-based leadership and fundraising support. The Young Professional Board (Power Players) will form a collaborative partnership with Playworks Maryland in an effort to achieve key strategic goals.
Term: 2 years, generally running from July 1 - June 30 (although terms may begin on alternative dates)
Reports to: Chairperson of the local young professional board
Specific power player member responsibilities include:
Leadership and Strategic Planning
· Serve as an advisor to the Playworks staff in order to implement Playworks’ strategic plan.
· Represent Playworks to stakeholders; act as an ambassador for the organization.
· Recruit additional power player members.
· Power Player members will consider Playworks a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. The annual give or get policy is a minimum of $500.
· Serve on one Playworks event committee (i.e. Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament, Corporate Kickball, 5K, etc.)
Power Player Member Terms/Participation
Playworks Maryland Power Player members will serve a two-year term and be eligible for additional terms. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee members are expected to be present.