Be a Volunteer Summer Camp Health Manager!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada
605 Washington Street
Want to change the life of a child this summer? If you love the outdoors and are passionate about empowering girls and young women, we want you to join our camp team! Camp Wasiu II is an overnight summer camp in Sierra City, California. We're accredited by the American Camp Association and offer amazing activities: canoeing, stand-up paddleboarding, swimming, archery, low ropes challenge course, arts & crafts, campfires, singing, and more!
Camp Wasiu II is currently seeking qualified volunteers to serve as weekly Resident Camp Health Managers.
Under the supervision of the Resident Camp Director and technical direction of a licensed physician, the Resident Camp Health Manager is the health and safety supervisor for the camp. The Health Manager will work to ensure the health and safety of every person in camp. The position will be responsible for all health and cleanliness standards.
During your volunteer stay you will receive:
- free lodging
- free meals
- opportunities to enjoy the pool, canoeing, stand-up paddleboarding, and archery
Our summer camp season runs from June 17 through July 20. We are looking for volunteers who can commit to one or more weeks during this time period.
What you'll do:
- Conduct basic camper health screenings when they arrive at camp
- Manage the distribution of prescribed or authorized over-the-counter medication as needed
- Provide first aid care to campers and staff
- Fill and maintain first aid kits
- Minimum age 21, as required by American Camp Association standards
- Preferred: Current California license as RN, LVN or MD or equivalent certifications per CA Health and Safety Code 1596.866: The candidate must have 15 hours of health and safety training that shall include: Pediatric First Aid; Pediatric CPR; and a preventative health practices course or courses that include instruction in the recognition, management and prevention of infectious diseases, including immunizations, and prevention of childhood injuries.
- Accepted: Advanced First Aid training and certifications (i.e. Wilderness First Responder, EMT); Students currently enrolled in medical, nursing, or public health programs
- Public Health or school nursing experience desirable, experience with children preferred
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Contact out team at email@example.com if you're interested in learning more about this opportunity!