Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1) Sports coaches are responsible for recruiting, training, instructing and mentoring athletes in order to produce the best sports performances possible within individual or team sports. They must also create strategies for their teams or individual performers, and may direct and confer with assistant coaches.
2) Will be responsible for planning team practices so the athletes know what to do in the game.
3) Fundraise money for their team
Personality Characteristics Needed to Become a Sports Coach
In order to become an effective sports coach, you need to have certain personality traits and characteristics, including:
- High moral and ethical standards
- Have thorough knowledge of the sport being coached
- Able to instill confidence in athletes
- Able to foster high standards of sportsmanship
- Patience when instructing, teaching and coaching
- Enjoy working with people
- Enjoy assessing the skill level of athletes
- Able to direct the work of others
Education and Experience Requirements:
- MPS Community Service (which is required for graduation for high school seniors) or High School Diploma
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- CPR/First Aid Certified (not preferred) but if you are certified, please submit the certification to us.