A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Are you an inspired artist full of creative ideas? Are you passionate about increase awareness and fighting climate change?
Then we want you on our team!
What's Your Impact (WYI) is an environmental awareness group whose main goal is to inform people about what is going on with global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
The graphic artist will create compelling + captivating visual concepts that explain how and why we should take small actions to fight climate change.
If you're looking for a fulfilling project where you'll be using your artistry to make the world a better place, then join our team now!
This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Work closely with management to identify its needs in terms of design.
- Create designs and graphics that convey a message in accordance with the project's requirements.
- Advise management on strategies to reach a specific audience through different designs.
- Estimate the time a given assignment might take.
- Artistic ability as well as knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles are essential.
- Solid graphic applications skills with programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Inkscape, etc.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines while managing multiple assignments is a must.
- Communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design with experience in graphic design, print or web design would be an asset.
Time Commitment: You are in control. Our volunteers have the flexibility to help when they can, from where ever they want. All we require is that you volunteer for a minimum of eight hours per week. We use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time you can give us on a given week. That way you are in control of how many hours you volunteer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. Support a cause you are passionate about all while expanding your professional experience.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- International Volunteers