A few hours per week
We Make Change is a bit different from most not-for-profits - we're a community of Changemakers - people who want to use our skills to change the world.
We do that by connecting individuals with the people and charities fighting for the causes they care about. We then use our skills to volunteer, exchange ideas and develop projects with a range of charities.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, but whatever skill you have and whatever cause you care about, you can change the world and by becoming a Changemaker you can help to make it happen.
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to design and build amazing user experiences and interfaces for websites and web-based platforms. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and intuitive design, possess superior UI skills, and the ability to translate requirements into interaction flows and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
The UI/UX Designer should have a solid understanding of design principles, modern/intuitive user interfaces and should stay up to date on modern design standards and trends. The UI/UX Designer should be able to streamline different processes into an ultra-user friendly, clean, and modern format that is intuitive and attractive.
- Research and implement intuitive UI design for websites and online platforms
- Create wireframes, storyboards, mockups, and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Develop UX flows, end-to-end user experiences, and UI specifications
- Create, organize, and update design style guide for web and potentially mobile applications
- Define a consistent UI design framework across product platforms
- Participate in product, platform, and technology discussions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Work side by side with developers to implement new UI features
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- At least 2 years of UI/UX design experience is essential
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and other visual design, interactive, or wire-framing tools
- Design experience for web and mobile applications (Android and iOS)
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong knowledge of usability patterns, best practices, and interface design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
The time commitment can be as little as 4 hours per week, depending on your availability.
The role will be performed remotely, so applications are welcomed from across the world.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
How To Apply
Apply in just a few minutes by completing your Changemaker profile through the link above.