A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
PO Box 2326
About Partners in Knowledge
Partners in Knowledge (PIK) is founded to tackle the lack of investment in human capital in Haiti. Our mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in education in order to eradicate extreme poverty. We hope that investments in human capital can build a foundation for further economic development and prosperity there. In order to achieve its mission, We want to provide a holistic approach to secondary and professional education by providing Haitian youth with the essential needs of modern society. These include access to health care, nutrition, safe housing, safe water, entertainment and activities, physical education, internships and apprenticeship, and high quality classroom education.
Social Media Volunteer
Public Relations Volunteer
Overview of Position
The Communications Volunteer serves as the bridge between PIK and those in the public who may be interested in our projects and programs. Specific deliverables are designed for each intern, but can include the maintenance of social media sites, development, planning, and distribution of promotional material, the creation of press releases, and organizing communication between PIK and the media and public. The position is domestic, although travel to Haiti is possible.
* A commitment to the mission of Partners in Knowledge.
* Currently enrolled or a recent graduate in an undergraduate or graduate program in communications, public relations, or similar degree.
* Passion for effective communication and experience in utilizing various tools to deliver messaging.
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented individuals with superior written, verbal and organizational skills.
* Excellent computer skills with experience in various social media platforms & Google Docs.
* The ability to work independently and with others – especially volunteers, donors, and vendors.
* Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
* The ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
* Development of PIK’s social media infrastructure
Other Relevant Social Media Platforms
* Create plan to integrate Social Media accounts so they can be managed and analyzed from a single source.
* Create Content Calendar through January 2018
What to post
When to post
Where to post
* Develop event invite and literature for January Fundraiser
Time Commitment & Compensation
The term for the Communications Volunteer is generally a semester. The position is part-time, requiring between 5-15 hours a week. The total hours per semester worked is usually between 100 and 200 hours, but may vary.
The position is uncompensated, although PIK will cover any pre-authorized work-related expenses (work meals, supplies, parking, room rental, equipment rental, etc). PIK does not expect volunteers to financially contribute to the organization. PIK does not cover travel costs of volunteers
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Interested individuals should email their resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals without a resume or CV can provide a cover letter that explains their experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!