Adult Teen Link Phone Worker Supervisor
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Crisis Connections, formerly Crisis Clinic
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Teen Link is currently looking for adult volunteers (21+) to supervise the teen link young people phone workers. Working jointly with a Team of four teen link staff members, all of who are active in conducting trainings in school throughout King County. The goal is to engage teens in an open and honest discussion about the stresses and pressures that youth might face. In addition, Teen Link helps youth to identify coping mechanisms and warning signs, and instructs youth on how to intervene on behalf of a friend, if suicide ideation is expressed. This position works with a team of five Teen Link staff members, all of whom are active in conducting trainings in schools throughout King County. Professional training is provided. An interview determines eligibility. Responsibilities include:
- Working three 4-hour shifts per month supervising calls and chats, including a minimum of one Friday or Saturday shift per month.
- Attending one meeting held on the 3 rd Sunday of each month from 5:30-6:30 PM
- Support teen Phone Workers as they gather information, assist callers in clarifying issues and feelings, identifying resources, and developing action plans.
- Helping with promotion and marketing of program as instructed by Teen Link staff, usually in the form of tabling summer community fairs with youth volunteers.