Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
871 E. Washington Blvd.
College Access Plan (CAP) believes that all students should feel supported in their college-going endeavors. We're not gatekeepers or admissions counselors. We are a student-centered support system that serves any student who walks through our doors. CAP serves the Pasadena community, and we partner with the Pasadena Unified School District to provide after school college and career exploration programs to middle school students and drop-in holistic college application support for high school students. Our services are provided on-campus for free, and there are no minimum requirements to attend our programs. We also support program graduates through their college success.
Member Duties :
Program Expansion VISTA will help College Access Plan (CAP) with our efforts to expand our Pasadena program to the greater LA county. The PE VISTA will
- research, identify and build relationships with other organizations for potential expansion
- develop a package of comprehensive program offerings for the new target areas
- identify opportunities to scale or personalize program offerings based on the needs of program partners
- work closely with the Managing Director and Executive Director to facilitate relationships with potential partners
Terms: Permits attendance at school during off hours, Permits working at another job during off hours, Car recommended.
Skills: Leadership, Community Organization, Education, Communications.
Service Description: The proposed VISTA project goals are to deliver our proven-practices and programs to 400 new students through partnership, collaborating with other organizations and entities to provide college access and success services. The Program Expansion VISTA will help CAP put the organizational foundation in place to collaborate with members outside of the Pasadena community and with partner organizations to combat poverty through a holistic vision that works together to meet all of our youth’s educational endeavors.
Successful Program Expansion VISTA qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the areas of education, communications, public policy or administration, or related fields or experience
- Experience with youth ages 12-22
- Knowledge of post-secondary institutions
- Strong ability to effectively build relationships
- Strong ability to communicate with various constituencies
- Strong and demonstrated writing abilities
- Ability to design and implement multi-faceted project from beginning to end
- Ability to complete specific outcomes on a timeline
- Experience with basic computer operating systems and office software
- Creativity, self-motivation, and outcomes-oriented personality
- Excellent research skills
- Passion for education equality and access
- Ability to complete Pasadena Unified School District background check, including Department of Justice clearance and TB test
PLEASE NOTE: Americorps VISTA members are FULL-TIME VOLUNTEERS who receive a living allowance that is at the poverty level for the area they serve.
Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Relocation Allowance, Reimbursement for travel, Living Allowance, Training, Health Coverage*, Childcare assistance if eligible. Stipend is $613.55 biweekly.
- For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
The policy and intent of College Access Plan is to provide equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sex, or age.
How To Apply
IN ORDER TO APPLY, CANDIDATE MUST:
1. Create a MyAmericorps profile and complete the application here: https://www.vistacampus.gov/how-apply-americorps-vista
2. Email cover letter and current resume to Joanne Do, Director of Strategic Partnerships & Engagement: email@example.com