Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Join this unique wildlife conservation program in the spectacular desert landscape of the Arava, and help to re-populate the nature reserve with the region's native species!
About the Project
As part of the Israel Nature and Parks Authority (NPA), the Wildlife Reserve is actively involved in establishing reproduction groups for populations of endangered desert animals, preserving the native wildlife, and educating the public about the desert and its inhabitants.
The reserve encompasses a variety of arid-land habitats including acacia groves, salt-flats, and sand. The reserve has three parts:
- A three-acre penned-in area where herds of herbivores live in conditions similar to those in the wild
- The Predators' Center where reptiles, small desert animals, and large predators are on display
- The Desert Night Life Exhibition Hall where night and day are reversed so that visitors can observe nocturnal animals during their active hours
Volunteer Work and Contribution
Volunteers will become an integral part of the staff at the reserve. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Preparing food and feeding animals
- Cleaning and maintaining reserve facilities
- Accompanying & assisting park rangers
- Constructing enrichment facilities
Apply now for an experience of a lifetime!
Language/Cultural Support Available