Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Do you enjoy recording quality audio and have the technical skills to go with it? Would you like to have your audio recordings make eternal impact by helping make Bible translation possible?
You will record audio files like Speeding the Word radio broadcasts that are heard nationwide, and capture stories that communicates how God’s Word translated into the mother tongue impacts lives and communities.
Produce and complete all aspects of audio recordings for corporate promotion.
· This is a 0.5 FTE (20 hrs.) position for a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
· Must be able to work in the US
· Implement the technical aspects of setting up, recording, editing, and producing audio files
· Strive to deliver the utmost in sound capability and quality
· Record interviews and narrations, capture sound bites, edit audio files, produce, duplicate, distribute files and more
· Work with video editors to synchronize video with audio tracks
· Perform administrative duties as productions are being completed
· Manage the auditorium sound board, including equipment operation and assessment of needs
· Work in a variety of situations and environments which may present difficult challenges
· May entail work on Saturdays, and/or weekend travel
· Expected to take ownership and personal responsibility for learning and developing the skills needed for video production
· Provide audio services for JAARS staff personal and partner organizations needs as time allows
· Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
· Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience
· College level training and certification in the operation and maintenance of equipment a plus
· Experience in soundboards, equalizers, microphones, recording equipment, and mixing consoles
· At least two years successful experience in audio production required
· Organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
· Excellent hearing and manual dexterity
· Proficient computer skills to manage files, applicable software, including Audacity or Audition software
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Proof of health insurance
Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020