The Grants Management Specialist (GeMS) is responsible for managing grants administration operations. It is the responsibility of the GeMS to: manage grantee contract requirements and performance; draft grant and other contracts; maintain grant records; monitor and report on grant strategy budgets; and ensure compliance with organizational and IRS rules and regulations. The GeMS serves as an employee‐at‐will of The Trust.
Min Qualifications required:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent
- Supervise the small grants program and ensure that it is implemented as per program objectives and design.
- Supervise the entire grant-making process; including review of proposals, the selection process, review of grantee financial documents and program reports and closeout of small grants.
- Develop and/or modify small grants manuals.
- Ensure that Counterpart and donor rules and regulations vis-à-vis grants management are properly followed.
Skills & Competencies:
- Extensive familiarity with grants management software and several years of experience with the software and database in a responsible position
- Demonstrated technology experience, providing administrative support to complex systems as well as overall system implementation management
- Strong knowledge of and understanding of financial statements of nonprofit organizations, and has performed financial due diligence reviews of grantees
- Understanding of the private foundation legal environment and tax-exempt status, including knowledge of expenditure responsibility requirements, and fiscal sponsor vs. fiscal agent
- Demonstrated fiscal management skills, including budget management, developing and maintaining appropriate internal controls, and grant administration policies and procedures
Software tools & Program knowledge: