Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Opp. Barclays Bank
The Sports program is for those volunteers who are interested in physical activity. Share your passion for football with Ghana children from deprived backgrounds. Working in communities, you will help them to develop their sporting skills. The level of talent existing in Ghana was highlighted by the frequent performances in world tournaments and also appearances of many Ghanaian players in English and other foreign leagues. Indeed, sporting activities in terms of soccer/football is gradually been understood by most populace in the country. You will have the opportunity to help harness and develop that talent! The organization runs the program in collaboration with soccer clubs (divisions 1&2 and colts), schools, colleges.
Volunteer's Role Work with children from various deprived backgrounds, including orphans, street children and children with disabilities. Help by developing their football talent and offering them care, support and education.
The Football Volunteer(s) Program operates in mainly the state capital-jalingo and also in karim lamido. During your program, you will have the opportunity to take part in the following program activities:
- Assist coaches in football classes through skill development, coordination skills, game preparation and training drills.
- Help in the organization of training sessions and competitions
- Referee short games for children at the project and in the local community
- Give advice and lessons on football tactics
- Teach new sports exercises and provide advice on health issues and requirements
- Take part in football camps and local tournaments(if there is any during your stay)
- Optional teaching within the local schools
In your spare hours each day you will also have the fantastic opportunity to teach within local schools in area placed. The schools will vary in their facilities, but generally consist of a few classrooms with wooden desks and a blackboard, so there are loads of opportunities for you to be creative in your role and make the lessons memorable for the children!
The human resource services required includes the following:
- Physical trainers
- Coaches/Club managers
- Academy instructors
- Volunteer footballers
This opportunity is rewarding and boosts your resume. You can also discover your potential talent and future career in Football/Soccer through this project.
Sports Coaching Supplies
- Keeper's gloves
And other sporting apparel and equipment.
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
- visit https://africanruralvolunteers.org/tour/sports-coaching-abroad/
- Read program details
- click on apply and complete the application form
- application shall be reviewed
- if approved, you shall be assigned with a project manager who sees you through the pre-arrival process