Meal Donors needed for Homeless Youth Shelter
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Friends of Youth - Volunteers
A few hours per week
Multiple locations in Kirkland, Redmond, Bothell, and Renton. Exact location site is confidential.
Becoming a Meal Donor Volunteer is a simple way to make a significant impact in the lives of young people in your community while providing a transformative experience for volunteers and service groups.
Through our emergency shelters, Friends of Youth offers temporary living alternatives to young people who are dealing with a crisis or experiencing homelessness. We rely on our incredible volunteers to offer wholesome, pre-cooked meals for the youth we serve each day of the week.
Meal Donors are currently needed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Meal Donor Responsibilities
- After completing a volunteer application, sign up for open shifts on our meal donor calendar. We welcome one-time or recurring meal donors.
- Prepare meals for 30-40 young adults to bring to the shelter site.
- Make arrangements to deliver meals directly to our shelter during the following times:
- Breakfast: 6 – 6:45 am
- Lunch: 10 am – 2 pm
- Dinner: 8 – 8:45 pm
- Meal donors are encouraged to stay and serve their donated meal.
Who Can Become a Meal Donor
- Due to the large quantity of food needed, this opportunity is best suited for small groups of 2-3 volunteers. If you have a larger group, we are happy to work with you to create a recurring schedule so everyone in your group has a chance to participate.
- Individuals are welcome, so long as they are capable of preparing large quantities of food on their own and transport it to the site. Meals cannot be prepared on site.
- Please note that volunteers must be at least 21 years of age, or accompanied by someone 21 years or older.
For more information, please contact our Volunteer Specialist, Jason Korneliussen, at email@example.com or by calling (425) 869-6490 x309.
- International Volunteers