Marketing Assistant Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga
A few hours per week
1800 Appleby Line
Purpose: To carry out the stated purpose, “To use our knowledge, skills, community relationships, volunteers and other resources to create and promote safe and affordable home ownership options with the aim of alleviating the cycle of poverty within our community of Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga”.
The role of a Marketing and Communication Assistant is to provide support to the Marketing and Communication Manager in a variety of marketing initiatives, including marketing strategies and media promotions. This support allows HFH Halton-Mississauga to continue to raise awareness and funds for our upcoming builds in the Halton-Mississauga community.
Responsible to: The Marketing & Communication Manager
Time Commitment: Approximately 16 hours per week.
Hours of Operation - Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Job Duration: minimum 6 months
Location: 1800 Appleby Line, Unit 13 Burlington, Ontario, 4500 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario, 25 Brown Street, Milton, Ontario
- Attend all Marketing Committee meetings (one quarterly evening meeting)
- Taking and preparing meeting minutes
- Assist with data entry
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Support all marketing strategies and media promotion
- Manage the marketing department filing system
- Proof reading
- Web site and social media assistance with maintenance
- Media tracking
- Provides support for recognition and special events (planning the design of invitations, posters etc)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work and lead a team and to work independently
- Excellent creative and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with HFH Halton staff members, volunteers and members of the community
Training: Must complete Safety Health and Environment training
Working Conditions: This position allows for a work at home environment if so elected as well as our affiliate location.
Participant Group: Affiliate Staff and Affiliate Volunteers
Screening Process: Interview
How To Apply
email or click the link to sign up as a Habitat volunteer!