Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Molle Molle SN
Volunteering in an organisation in the South is a unique experience!
Travelling and the contact with locals, other students and travellers will definitely be a personal enrichment.
Volunteers will work in one or several educational projects within Oye LENA by mutual agreement:
- Oye NIÑOS, an after-school nursery project
- Oye JUNTOS, a school for special education
- Oye LOCAL, an exchange between nursery schools
Oye LENA offers:
- a contact person in Belgium,
- reception upon arrival on the project,
- guidance and support during the whole period of volunteering, from the beginning until the end,
- an instructive and unique experience abroad within a safe framework,
- an experience which enriches you personally and an opportunity to develop your professional skills (further),
- immersion in a new language and culture,
- 24/7 accessibility when present on the project.
Volunteers stay in a private room in the project building for a small amount of money. A private room costs $ 12.5 per night, a shared room costs $ 9.5 per night per person. The living room, kitchen and bathroom are shared.
The project building is located:
- at a 10 minutes’ walk from the Curahuasi centre,
- 5 minutes away from the Diospi Suyana hospital (an American non-profit organisation),
- 20 minutes away from the thermal baths in Cconoc,
- 1,5 hours away from the city of Abancay,
- at a distance of 125 km east of Cuzco city and the Holy Valley, where Machu Picchu is located.
A basic knowledge of Spanish is required to work with our target group.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Minimum age of 18 years old.
Volunteers do not have to pay to work on the project.
Airline tickets, vaccinations and travel insurance are not reimbursed.
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers