Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a passion for missions and engaging a new generation to consider their role in a greater purpose? Do you enjoy adventure races that make a difference?
We are seeking someone with the passion and administrative skills to make each race happen at various locations in the US.
Plan, promote, manage, and coordinate two to three races per year in cooperation with key area coordinators.
- · Direct the coordination of race events
- · Schedule, plan, and coordinate two to three race events in cooperation with volunteer coordinators, guided by the goals and strategies of the Multi Generation Director and Team
- · Speak into the marketing and publicity for these events
- · Coordinate with area coordinators, venues, and partner organizations on dates, facilities, and staffing
- · Assist in recruiting and orienting staff
- · Ensure that all fees and expenses are handled according to JAARS finance policy
- · Confirm that all participants are properly entered into the appropriate database
- · Prepare race impact reports
- · Assist with CrossVenture programming and Missions at the Airport events when available
- · Other duties as assigned
- · Excellent oral and written communication skills
- · Great organizational skills and the ability to increase productivity
- · Self-motivation: able to work independently, plan, and prioritize work activities
- · Team player, able to tactfully treat others with respect and consideration
- · Able to follow through and meet commitments
- · Able to follow instructions, policies, and procedures
- · Flexible, yet able to use time efficiently
- · Good mentoring and coaching skills
- · Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
- · Working knowledge of Gmail and Google Drive apps as well as MS suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher)
- · Able to learn new computer applications
- · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and make frequent phone calls.
- May also participate in Race events (physical fitness will be a bonus and make the job easier)
Education and Experience
- · Two or more years total: a degree, technical school, training, related experience, or equivalent combination
- · Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- · Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mail room, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
There are many key opportunities at JAARS for you to help make Bible translation possible around the world. Volunteers are a crucial part of every department; over 50% of the staff are volunteers. We could not provide significant technical and logistical support services without people like YOU!
You will gain a new vision for missions and realize the lasting value of how your practical and technical skills are helping to transform lives around the world. Build meaningful and potentially lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and career staff. In the winter months, volunteers gather regularly for events such as breakfasts and game nights.
Volunteers can serve from two weeks to many years. The types of positions available to you will depend on your abilities and especially, the length of your stay. For IT positions, a month of service is required. Longer-term volunteers are important in positions that require task continuity, training, or certifications.
- · Proof of health insurance
- · Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- · Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- · Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020