A few hours per week
1800 Appleby Line
Purpose: To carry out the stated purpose, “To use our knowledge, skills, community relationships, volunteers and other resources to create and promote safe and affordable home ownership options with the aim of alleviating the cycle of poverty within our community of Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga”.
The role of the Pricing Personnel Volunteer is to research a sale price for merchandise that has been donated to the ReStore. This support allows HFH Halton-Mississauga to raise funds to cover the affiliate’s operational costs and build homes in the Halton-Mississauga community.
Responsible to: The ReStore staff member on duty
Time Commitment: Minimum 1 shift per week 4hr
Hours of Operation – Monday - Saturday: 9am-6pm
Job Duration: Minimum 6 month commitment
Location: 1800 Appleby Line, Unit 13 Burlington, Ontario, 4500 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario, 25 Brown Street, Milton, Ontario
● Research via the internet the cost of merchandise for pricing and resale taking into consideration the quality and quantity of the merchandise presented;
● Follow HFHH pricing guidelines;
● Ensure that an adequate amount of product is priced on each shift to ensure sufficient merchandise is available for stocking on shelves.
● Works closely with the General Merchandising personnel and the ReStore Operations Manager to ensure products are priced to sell. May be required to re-price items for quick sale
● Periodically inspect merchandise on shelves to ensure there is a price tag on the item.
● Assist in answering phone calls
● Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers;
● Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required;
● Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times;
● Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making appropriate referrals when appropriate;
● Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
● Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it;
● Ability to work with a team or independently;
● Friendly, approachable, outgoing
● Willing to take the initiative
● Excellent creative and organizational skills
● Previous customer service experience is an asset but not mandatory;
● Previous experience in a department store and/or marketing an asset but not mandatory
● Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers, HFH Halton staff members and volunteers.
● Excellent internet knowledge to be able to search out prices using a variety of sources (Google, Kijiji, Craig’s list, companies)
● Able to lift and move product to / from pricing area (minimum 25 lbs.)
Orientation and Training: Affiliate Volunteer Orientation and Safety Training
Working Conditions: Affiliate location
● All Pricing Volunteers must wear CSA footwear. These shoes can either be provided at time of your shift or you can bring your own.
Participant Group: ReStore Customers, ReStore staff, Affiliate Staff and Affiliate Volunteers
How To Apply
Email or click link above to sign up as a Habitat volunteer!