Edward M. Kennedy Institute Education & Visitor Experience Volunteer Program
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate
210 William T Morrissey Boulevard
THE EDWARD M. KENNEDY INSTITUTE FOR THE UNITED STATES SENATE OFFERS INDIVIDUALS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE SENATOR KENNEDY’S LEGACY THROUGH ITS EDUCATION & VISITOR EXPERIENCE VOLUNTEER PROGRAM.
The Institute’s volunteer program is driven by the Institute’s mission: The Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate is dedicated to educating the public about the important role of the Senate in our government, encouraging participatory democracy, invigorating civil discourse, and inspiring the next generation of citizens and leaders to engage in the civic life of their communities. As Institute volunteers, individuals are called upon to bring to life the Institute’s mission through exhibit interpretation and programming support.
Volunteer responsibilities may include:
– Greet visitors and orient them to the Institute
– Act as exhibit interpreters, providing background information and historical detail as reflected in the Institute’s exhibits
– Assist visitors as they interact with the Institute’s exhibits using state-of-the-art digital technology
– Creatively engage visitors in the Institute’s mission
– Help to guide visiting groups - including middle and high school students, university students, government officials, families, tourist groups, and members of the general public - as they experience life as a “Senator-in-Training”
– Support Institute special events and public programs
– Experience in customer service, education, and/or history strongly preferred
– Superior interpersonal skills
– Friendly, upbeat, welcoming attitude
– Flexibility performing various roles
– Outgoing personality, with the ability to interact with a diverse group of visitors
Enthusiasm for/interest in:
– Civic education and civic engagement;
– Political Science;
– Public Policy;
– Museum Studies; and/or
– Honoring and furthering the legacy of Senator Edward M. Kennedy
Eligibility / Commitment:
– At least one four (4)-hour volunteer shift per week is required, in addition to the initial volunteer orientation and ongoing volunteer training/enrichment sessions
– Should posses willingness to assist, as opportunities arise, in support of the Institute’s special events and public programs
- Training Provided
How To Apply
How to Apply:
– Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Volunteer Application” in the subject line.
– Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
– This is an unpaid position and is not eligible for benefits or unemployment compensation.