Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
SAFER is seeking to expand our reach and support of student movements to end sexual and gender-based violence on college campuses. The Campus Engagement Director is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with student leaders, administrators, and other stakeholders on campuses across the country. Additionally, the Director is responsible for disseminating SAFER resources, conducting outreach to student activists and campus stakeholders, and collaborating with other board members on various projects.
- Respond to student activist inquiries and manage student activist relationships by conducting check-ins as needed;
- Develop and maintain relationships with campus stakeholders to progress the objectives of student activists;
- Compile and maintain list of campus contacts from universities across the country;
- In coordination with the Communications Department, create and implement outreach language and strategies;
- Conduct outreach to student activists and campus stakeholders to disseminate research and policy resources;
- Help develop new resources and programming for students activists;
- Assist with other board projects as necessary;
- Attend monthly Board meetings;
- Make a minimum 1-year commitment, preferably longer.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Minimum 1-2 years of outreach and grassroot movement building experience; experience within the realm of sexual violence prevention and campus-based organization preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
How To Apply
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Rachel Greenburg at email@example.com as well as Ian Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org