Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Educating U4 Life CDC
2470 Collingwood Street
The Volunteer Reading Tutor will assist school-aged children with improving their reading skills through systematic reading/tutoring sessions conducted at community locations provided by Agency.
• Excellent reading skills and willingness to share your love of reading
• Excellent people skills, enthusiasm for helping children, respectful attitude
• Ability to work separately with child within a larger context of child/tutor groups
• Creative and enthusiastic when covering lesson plans and reading selected books
• Attention to detail regarding paperwork
1. Volunteer Tutor assists children, aged kindergarten through 12th grade in the development of reading skills and enjoyment.
2. Volunteer Tutor engages in academic activities with selected students either one-on-one or with small groups.
3. Volunteer Tutor will collaborate with the Program administrator and staff members to assess the student’s needs and how best to address them. Many of the children whom tutor works with are performing below their expected academic grade level.
4. Volunteer Tutor must communicate effectively with Program administrators.
5. Volunteer Tutor must commit to work at least one semester and is welcome to stay longer if possible.
6. Volunteer Tutor is required to complete training sessions.
7. Volunteer Tutor must provide his/her own transportation.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers