Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you enjoy traveling and meeting people and giving them a vision for missions and Bible translation? Are you good at coordinating details and accomplishing tasks? Have you ever prepared for events over the phone and through email?
Become part of the Missions at the Airport team, providing the pre-event, event, and post-event support needed to cast vision and inform people how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
You will help take the administrative load off the director, so the director can focus on aviation, safety, and airport requirements.
Serve on the Missions at the Airport team to assist in the planning and logistics of the Missions at the Airport program in the following areas.
- For full-time volunteer or staff who raise their support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Plan and schedule Missions at the Airport (MATA) events
- Develop and maintain relationships with local MATA sponsors and event attendees
- Communicate with local organizers regarding logistics, housing, and transportation
- Schedule aviation and public relations staff appropriate for each event
- Coordinate ground support for setup, supervise local volunteers, displays, sale items, and takedown
- Prepare travel requests, petty cash, manage trip funds, and Square credit card sales
- Reconcile ride, sales, and expense reports
- Drive ground support vehicle when required
- Speak publicly, sharing the JAARS story in churches, schools, conference centers, etc.
- There are normally 30+ Missions at the Airport events each year. Ability to travel and be away from home for a substantial number of events, sometimes for two to three weeks at a time
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
Experience & Skills Desired
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to communicate well on the phone and in person
- Ability to reconcile funds
- Capable and willing to speak at events
- Valid driver’s license
- Good health to withstand long days, lifting 30 pounds, and varied weather conditions
- Recognize the need for a flexible schedule
- Good computer skills
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020