Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you gifted in multi-tasking? In organization? In friendliness and a welcoming spirit? JAARS Health Services has a critical need for help at our front desk reception area.
Front desk position for medical office. Responsible for initial telephone contacts and appointments, payment processing, and limited office operations assistance.
- For a part-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in US
- Follow procedures to open and close office and waiting room areas.
- Primary front desk phone response and visitor services.
- Maintain patient appointment book and make referrals to JHS staff.
- Handle credit card transactions with accounting staff.
- Prepare patient charge sheets for patients.
- Perform daily cash report, petty cash, and deposit procedures.
- Complete daily statistical report on sign-in sheet.
- Prepare and submit WBT member charges report.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and deliveries.
- Obtain and stock office supplies as needed.
- Complete small projects as assigned by administrator.
- Assist staff RN with medical staff scheduling process.
- Assist staff RN with social activities and staff care matters.
- Maintain orderly condition of waiting room area.
- Occasional temporary coverage for certain administrator duties.
- Typical Hours of Operation: Monday–Thursday 8–12, Tuesday 1–5
- Ability to hear and listen well to callers and visitors in a professional manner to understand and handle their service requests appropriately.
- Must have adequate computer use, online abilities, and office skills training.
- Able to remain pleasant and effective at times when multiple tasks converge.
Education and Experience
- Must have significant medical office experience that includes direct patient contact.
- Formal training at an Associate degree level or higher is desired.
- Preferred candidate will also be an RN or other medical professional licensed to practice in North Carolina, experienced in triage work.
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Proof of health insurance
Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020