PAWS Front Desk Volunteer Needed Mondays
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Shanti Project of San Francisco
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PAWS is looking for a weekly Monday front desk volunteer to help support us with welcoming visitors and some miscellaneous administrative tasks during business hours (10am-6pm).
The volunteer shift is Mondays from 10am-1pm and/or 2-6pm. Our office is closed for lunch from 1-2pm. We are seeking a weekly commitment on Mondays for a minimum of 3 months. Longer commitments are encouraged and welcome!
This would be an excellent volunteer opportunity for anyone who: wants to add some front office/admin experience to their resume, enjoys interacting with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences (as well as their animal companions), and believes in the human-animal bond.
Please note this volunteer position requires being mobile enough to get up and answer our front door multiple times a day, as well as sit behind a desk for periods of time.
This position does not require answering incoming calls, and there will always be an onsite staff member to assist or follow up as needed.
Since 1987, PAWS has been helping hundreds of people maintain their pets through the dedication of volunteers who do dog walking, help with cat care, distribute pet food at the PAWS pet food bank and/or deliver pet food to clients, transport pets and clients to vet appointments and provide temporary pet foster care.
· Be both the first point of contact for visitors and the face of the office for a half or full day once a week (Mondays)
· Answer front door when guests arrive
· Greet and direct guests who stop by, including clients, volunteers, donors, and staff
· Listen to clients with empathy and attentiveness while meeting them where they’re at
· Comfortable engaging with PAWS visitors and clients, including people living with chronic illnesses and disabilities, LGBTQI individuals, and older adults. This includes embodying the Shanti model of active listening, compassion, patience, and an intention to be of service
· Comfortable engaging with visitors’ pets who may accompany them—normally dogs or cats (pets should always be leashed, harnessed, or in a carrier while on PAWS premises)
· Assist visitors with bringing in items, such as pet food and supplies
· Help receive and document in-kind pet food and supply donations
· Help with data entry—familiarity with Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge a plus but certainly not required
If you are interested, please email Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your interest and availability.
- Training Provided