Project Officer Centre for Women in the Himalayas) (F/M),Volunteer position or Internship (part-time or full-time)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Norlha
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
51 Chemin du Trabandan
Norlha is a non-political, non-religious, non-profit association based in Lausanne, Switzerland that supports remote communities in the Himalayas. Norlha builds the capacities and encourages the sustainable development of these communities through its integrated food security, income generation and environment protection projects with a strong focus on supporting women.In order to expand its gender equality portfolio, Norlha is looking for a:
Centre for Women in the Himalayas) (F/M)
Volunteer position or Internship (part-time or full-time)
Under the general supervision of the Programme Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and monitoring projects focused on gender equality in rural areas in Nepal as well as he or she will be involved in the activities aiming at development of the Centre for Women in the Himalayays (in particular: research, knowledge dissemination and Centre’s exposure).
· Assist in planning processes and implementation phases of projects focused on gender;
· Develop concept notes and project proposals for the portfolio;
· Prepare and/or review monitoring reports of projects, monitor budget and expenditures of projects;
· Provide technical support in the field of gender as relevant, including the development of training activities and manuals;
· Collaborate with the Partnerships and Communications department to ensure timely reporting to donors; and to enhance projects visibility;
· Alert of potential or arising problems in a timely manner, and propose strategies to solve them;
· Maintain an overview of resource availability for the gender projects at all times;
· Provide research support as appropriate to capture developments in the Himalayas;
· Analyze and monitor public policy, legislation and state practices affecting rural areas in Nepal;
· Work closely with other colleagues from the operations unit, and perform other related duties as required.
· Master’s degree in International Affairs, Political Science, Social Sciences or another related field, ideally with a focus on gender and/or development issues;
· Strong engagement towards the welfare of rural communities in developing countries;
· Experience in international development strongly preferred;
· Proficiency in data-gathering, reporting, analysis and synthesis;
· Sound computer skills;
· Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and preferably also in French;
· Good knowledge of and affinity with the Himalayas are a definite asset;
· Highly motivated and dynamic personality, comfortable working autonomously and in a team, eager to take initiatives.
· The opportunity to play an active role in the life of vulnerable populations in the Himalayas;
· Working in an enthusiastic, motivated and cohesive team;
· A high degree of autonomy, a great sense of responsibility, and a spirit of initiative;
· A rewarding NGO experience.
Duration and work time: Long term position: at least 9 months at 50% or more.
Short term position: at least 6 months at 80% or more.
Location: Norlha office in Lausanne, partial home-based work is possible.
Application process: Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ref∶PO CWH.
Expected start date: As soon as possible.
This part-time, long-term volunteer position is not paid and an applicant must have right to volunteer in Switzerland.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.