- Volunteer Opportunity posted by International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Turlock/Modesto, CA
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2925 Niagra Street
Employment mentors help refugee clients thrive in their new job positions by providing friendship, feedback, and general direction.
- Work individually with clients to create resumes, conduct job searches, complete applications, find networking opportunities, and help them understand U.S. work culture
- Provide assistance and feedback for clients as they practice interview skills
- Check in with employed clients weekly to learn about the status of their new jobs
- Answer questions about employment practices and expectations, as well as issues that might arise at work
- Practice work-related vocabulary terms
Ideal candidates will have expertise with resume writing and employment interviews, as well as knowledge of job search websites. Individuals with human resources experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for this opportunity, someone will be in touch with you. Selected volunteers must also undergo a $40 background check.