A few hours per week
We are seeking an experienced, passionate Public Relations Volunteer to join our Marketing and Communications team. A Public Relations Volunteer will play a key role in building awareness of Asante Africa Foundation programs, campaigns, and thought leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
● Developing a strategic PR plan in conjunction with head of marketing team
● Identifying appropriate media audiences for various initiatives.
● Building a US and International media relations database.
● Contributing to updated messaging guidelines.
● Writing and submitting press releases, building and maintaining relationships with media to foster placement of stories and other content.
● Assisting with other marketing communications (website, annual report, etc.) as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas, in a corporate, non profit or agency environment:
● Identifying and initiating opportunities for effective publicity in the media
● Arranging media opportunities, serving as media spokesperson, cultivating media relationships, developing and maintaining updated media directory, and coordinating media archives.
● Designing tactics to enhance organization’s presence with newspaper, radio, television, online and other media outlets in the local, regional and national arenas
● Setting, reviewing and updating organizational guidelines on style (for correctness, accuracy and branding)
● Implementing and overseeing preparation of and editing all promotional materials to ensure that they fit within the marketing and public relations plan, conform with organizational style guidelines, and meet established timelines.
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization.
Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction.
Work well independently as well as part of a team.
Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Directly impact Asante Africa’s efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa.
Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run entirely by volunteers.
Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization.
Have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions implemented Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities.
Initially, this is an unpaid, volunteer position. The position is part-time with an expectation of 5 - 10 hours of work per week, including a weekly meeting.
How To Apply
Thank you for showing interest in volunteering at Asante Africa Foundation. Please forward us your latest Resume/CV at firstname.lastname@example.org and also complete an application at http://www.123contactform.com/form-1909920/Volunteer-Application?
Looking forward to working with you for a noble cause!