A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The division coordinator is expected to:
- Organize and chair team formation night with all coaches and assistant coaches to review evaluations and modify as necessary;
- Separate players by age and skill levels and form BALANCED teams;
- Ensure each team has a coach, an assistant coach, a team representative, and a sponsor;
- Generate complete team rosters (players, coaches, assistant coaches, and sponsor);
- Ensure uniforms are properly distributed;
- Schedule divisional games and fields;
- Collect scores and standing to distribute appropriate plaques and trophies to teams for tournaments and regular season play;
- Organize and schedule any make-up games if necessary;
- Ensure all coaches complete player evaluation forms and collect forms by end of regular season;
- Ensure evaluations fairly reflect demonstrated abilities of players;
- Turn in player evaluations to regional commissioner; and
- Serve as a liaison between regional commissioner, coaches, referees and parents regarding any questions, problems, or general information throughout the season.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
To be considered for the position of age group coordinator, the applicant should:
- Be responsible;
- Be able to communicate well with others;
- Have planning skills;
- Be trustworthy; and
- Successfully pass a screening, including a background check.
While performing as the division coordinator, the volunteer is:
Subject to the bylaws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines of AYSO;
- Under the overall authority of and directly supervised by the regional commissioner; and
- To maintain the recommended adult to child supervision ratio of 1:8 or less; that is one adult for every eight or fewer children and two adults (one of whom may be the coach and one of whom should be of the same gender as the group) present at all times. For the protection of both the children and the volunteer, no volunteer should permit himself or herself to be alone with any child or group of children (except his or her own) during AYSO-sponsored activities.
All training and materials will be provided!
- Training Provided
How To Apply
If interested or you want to learn more please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com